So, recently I’ve seen several posts and websites dedicated to ladies unloading their purses, exploring the contents, and discovering their odd purse addictions or perhaps you might say… “purse-onality”. (Sorry, that was bad.)
So, Megan, Lauren and I have decided to embark on a compare-and-contrast mission of our own “purse-onalities”. And thus, here you have it… a look into my life via my purse contents.
In my purse I discovered the following items:
- 1 hat
- 1 set of gloves
- 1 bottle of cough medication (because I have been sick for the last 3 weeks)
- 1 small bottle of Advil
- 1 headband, 5 hairbands, and 3 hair clips
- My iTouch
- My cell phone
- 3 shopping lists
- 7 Bed, Bath & Beyond coupons
- 3 K-mart coupons
- 1 eye mask
- My ESV mini-Bible
- Read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year schedule
- My work out routine
- A small hairbrush
- My work ID badge (my “flames” pass)
- My handheld camera and camera carrying case
- 2 ultimate lithium batteries
- My camera card reader and a 2 GB camera memory card
- My lime green wallet
- 5 pens
- 2 packs of gum
- 1 box of Cherry Passion Tic Tacs
- A Tide-to-Go pen
- Eye drops
- Nail clippers
- Chap stick
- Assortment of make-up items
- 2 sets of keys
- Flash drive
Yes, it really is that much stuff. Crazy! A few reflections…
- A hat and gloves… in the warm weather?! Yes. This is because my office is ALWAYS freezing cold and I am super cold-natured as it is. Thus, I frequently wear these even in the summer time.
- 7… that’s right, SEVEN… coupons for Bed, Bath & Beyond. Can you tell where I like to shop? If there was a William-Sonoma closer, you would probably find tons of stuff about that in my purse. But for now, BB&B is the best I can do to feed my kitchen gadget addiction.
- Camera stuff… I almost always have it with me. The Canon pictured is my little spur-of-the-moment-photo camera. Usually I am a Nikon girl, but this is my attempt to let Canon in to my life. We get along fairly well. 🙂
- Tide-to-Go is a MUST in my purse. I am constantly dripping things on my clothes or getting into something messy without realizing it. I go through these pens like bottled water.
- 3 shopping lists… this one really surprised me. I must have recently cleaned out my purse because usually there are about a dozen or more lists in my purse because I make a list for everything. And by everything, I mean everything. I make lists that say to make other lists. “To Do List – 1) Make grocery list, 2) Make menu list, 3) Bake cookies, 4) Make packing list, 5) Vacuum something, 6) Wash clothes so you don’t have to go naked tomorrow, 7) Pay bills, 8) Put off paying bills till later, but put on next list…” Yeah… addiction at it’s worst.
- Sleep mask – for those times when I decide to take a nap on my lunch break. And yes, I do it somewhat frequently. Big girls can still take naps. It makes my day sooo much better. 🙂
- Other things frequently found in my purse, but not there this time – bottled water, some type of food item or candy, a daily planner, and nail polish.
Now, you may be asking yourself, “How the heck do you find anything in your purse with all those different things?” Answer – a Kangaroo Keeper purse organizer. Yes, that makes me a bit of a nerd, but it seriously may be the best thing I have ever purchased. LOVE IT! It allows me to satisfy my craving for organization and quickly find anything in my purse because everything has just one spot it goes. Yes, I really am that OCD.
Other than that, most things seemed like pretty normal purse fodder. Or, so I think. Thoughts?
Well, I hope this glimpse into my “purse-onality” has given you all an idea of what makes me tick. Have you ever done this exercise? It’s really quite fun!