I usually like to do a detailed Thursday dinner feature with lots of photos, and I even had one of those all prepared for you. However, this particular recipe snuck up on me last night for dinner and was so delicious that I managed to get a few shots and MUST share it with you.
For my friends that like restaurant-quality food but never have the time to make it, this recipe is absolutely for you because it takes virtually no effort. And, if it couldn’t get any better, it’s sensitive-tummy approved – a rich flavor without the ingredients that get us all in a fuss.
So, without further ado…
Shrimp Scampi with Spinach (Recipe from Real Simple maagzine…you can find it here.)
- 1 cup long-grain white rice (I used brown basmati, since that’s my favorite)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (I used salted, and cut back on the salt in the recipe)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced (I just used minced, and was pretty generous)
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc (I used the kind that you get in the cooking section of the grocery store since it’s significantly cheaper)
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (I was generous and probably did more like 1.5 lbs – up to you!)
- 1 5-oz package baby spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped (I’m sure this would have been a great addition, but I didn’t feel like spending money on fresh tarragon when it was just a topping, so I omitted this part.)